Version 1 / 2min read / Updated Sat 07 May 2022 / 1971 views / of verified
The Combat Engineer
Repair specialist - an engineer whose focus is towards dealing with disabled or damaged vehicles, he carries a toolkit but no minesweeper and only limited demolition gear.
Minesweeper - an engineer with, you guessed it, a minesweeper. His focus is towards detecting and disarming mines - to do the latter, he also carries the bulky toolkit with him. Minesweepers have limited capacity for carrying demolitions and are typically employed as the point men in a formation operating in an area where mines are suspected to be present.
- Demolitionist or Explosives Expert - an engineer whose responsibilities lie in the employment of explosives. In order to carry extra munitions, this engineer forgoes carrying toolkits or minesweepers.
UNITAF Standard Operating procedures (SOP) are adapted primarly from US Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC). Our written and audio procedures are a combination of the following primary source materials, as well as our own learnings, modifications and adaptations:
- US Army Techniques Publication, Infantry Platoon and Squad (ATP 3-21.8)
- Soldier’s Manual of Common Tasks Warrior Leader Skills Level 2, 3, and 4 (STP 21-24-SMCT)
- The Warrior Ethos and Soldier Combat Skills (FM 3-21.75 / FM 21-75)
- Leadership Development (FM 6-22)
- Dyslexi's Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures for Arma 3 (TTP3)
(P6-105) Demolitions & Breaching