Version 1 / 2min read / Updated Tue 25 Feb 2020 / 757 views
An ACE report is a quick report given to the next-higher element leader regarding your element's status.
When giving an ACE report, only include the important parts.
- If your team is low on ammo, give details on it.
- This can be in general ("Low on ammo") or more specific ("AR is low on ammo, but we have plenty of rifle ammo").
- Simply reply with how many units are alive under his command (how many are "up").
- In the previous example, it would become: "Alpha 2, 3 up, one wounded".
If the team has lost any important equipment, it is noted here.
- For example, if the automatic rifle has been lost due to a casualty, and the AAR was unable to retrieve it, the team leader states so here.
- If the anti-tank weapons have been expended, state that as well.
- Equipment extends to any special equipment you were given for the mission.
Bringing it all together
Command: "Bravo this is Outlaw, ACE Report"
Bravo: "Outlaw this is Bravo, WAIT OUT"
--- 30-60 seconds pass - while information is gathered ---
Bravo: "Outlaw this is Bravo, Message"
Command: "Bravo, Outlaw, SEND IT"
Bravo: "Outlaw, Bravo - ACE Report: Ammo, Low on 5.56, Out of 9mm - Casualties, we have 5 up 1 wounded, Equipment, we're out of AT"
Command: "Bravo, Outlaw copies all - OUT"
Notice that Bravo doesn't mention in their report anything that isn't relevant.
UNITAF Standard Operating procedures (SOP) are adapted primarly from US Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC). Our written and audio procedures are a combination of the following primary source materials, as well as our own learnings, modifications and adaptations:
- US Army Techniques Publication, Infantry Platoon and Squad (ATP 3-21.8)
- Soldier’s Manual of Common Tasks Warrior Leader Skills Level 2, 3, and 4 (STP 21-24-SMCT)
- The Warrior Ethos and Soldier Combat Skills (FM 3-21.75 / FM 21-75)
- Leadership Development (FM 6-22)
- Dyslexi's Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures for Arma 3 (TTP3)