Version 1 / 1min read / Updated Tue 25 Feb 2020 / 322 views
The casualty report, or CASREP differs from the ACE report in that it is specific to the status of casulties in an element is a quick and focused report that is designed so that a leader can quickly find out the specifics of casualties have been taken.
- CASREPs are used when a leader only needs to know casualties and is not concerned with ammo or equipment
- CASREPs are used when a leader needs to know the specific extent of the wounded
When sending a CASREP, you must send it using the correct casualty triage category, as per Triage SOP the linked block here will explain what each category means.
SL: "Alpha 1 this is Command - Send CASREP"
Alpha 1: "Command, Alpha 1 - Wait 1..."
Alpha 1: "Command this is Alpha 1, CASREP as follows: 1 DEAD, 1 IMMEDIATE, 2 DELAYED, 1 MINIMAL"
Asking for Assistance?
Alpha 1: "Command this is Alpha 1, CASREP as follows: 1 DEAD, 1 IMMEDIATE, 2 DELAYED, 1 MINIMAL - REQUESTING IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE"
UNITAF Standard Operating procedures (SOP) are adapted primarly from US Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC). Our written and audio procedures are a combination of the following primary source materials, as well as our own learnings, modifications and adaptations:
- US Army Techniques Publication, Infantry Platoon and Squad (ATP 3-21.8)
- Soldier’s Manual of Common Tasks Warrior Leader Skills Level 2, 3, and 4 (STP 21-24-SMCT)
- The Warrior Ethos and Soldier Combat Skills (FM 3-21.75 / FM 21-75)
- Leadership Development (FM 6-22)
- Dyslexi's Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures for Arma 3 (TTP3)