Version 1 / 1min read / Updated Tue 25 Feb 2020 / 189 views
Both bandages and tourniquets are the primary method to suppress bleeding
With no wound reopening enabled in current SOP the elastic bandage should be your universal and default bandage.
It is highly effective for most common and most dangerous wounds, i.e. velocity and avulsion.
However, should this change, the following chart applies
- Apply it whenever there are multiple wounds on one limb and/or there are other patients in need of attention or other wounds to treat.
- Blood loss can kill your patient even before cardiac arrest timer reaches zero.
- Can only be applied on limbs.
- Completely and immediately stops bleeding from wounds.
- If not taken off after 5 minutes it will cause pain to the patient. This in turn will raise his heartrate and blood pressure, which in itself is not lethal.
UNITAF Standard Operating Proceedure (SOP) is adapted from two primary source materials - in addition to our own experience and past learnings:
US Army Techniques Publication, Infantry Platoon and Squad (ATP 3-21.8) ->view online
Dyslexi's Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures for Arma 3 (TTP3) -> view online